I am a pretty picky eater. However, I love really simple pasta salads! Last week I decided to make a big batch Sunday evening so that we could have a quick lunch option for the week. Even though it was simple, Michael liked it too! It didn’t take long at all. Here’s what you need:
- One box of noodles (I always get farfalle because I think they are the happiest noodle)
- One bottle of Italian dressing (I just bought what was on sale)
- One snack size bag of carrots
- One stem of broccoli (look for a larger stem)
- One block of Montaray Jack cheese
- Optional: any other veggie or meat you want to toss in!
First, I boiled the noodles. While they boiled I chopped up the block of cheese. I used 3/4 of the block, but use as much as you would want. I also washed the broccoli and carrots.
Next, I left the carrots and broccoli in strainer in the sink. When the noodles were done boiling I emptied them into a strainer over the veggies. The hot water blanched them! So easy.
While the noodles cooled I took the carrots and broccoli (after they cooled for a minute) and chopped them into small pieces. When everything is completely cool (you don’t want to melt the cheese) you throw it into a giant Tupperware or mixing bowl.
Last of all, I then dumped about 3/4 the bottle of dressing over the cooled salad. You toss it and it’s done! Seriously so easy.
I hope you enjoy it! We loved it, and it seemed to get better every day. Let me know what other veggies you think to put in it!