Over the course of our pregnancy we tried out several registries! I looked at Buy Buy Baby and Target (which, we ultimately ended up using). However, just for curiosity sake I decided to make an Amazon registry just so I could review the baby gift they send!
The other two registries you just went in store and they give you a bag of goodies. The Amazon option is a little trickier. First of all, you have to have an Amazon Prime account. (One way around this is you could join for their free thirty day trial, but don’t forget about it!) Second, you have to create your registry. However, it’s not as simple as adding a few things you want. They have a very exhaustive check list that is broken into categories and then even farther down. You have to choose something in each category or at least mark that you don’t need it. I think this would be great for a first time mom who is really worried about forgetting something, but otherwise it made me feel like they were just trying to convince me I needed stuff I probably didn’t. Also, you can’t get your free gift until your checklist is totally complete. Finally, you or someone else has to spend at least $10 off of your registry and that item has to ship. Then you can click the button to order your free welcome box. (I just ordered some teething toys that I know we will eventually need).
So it’s kinda complicated! However, it was a fun little box so I guess it was worth it!! You can click here to see their Baby Box FAQ. So I bet you’re wondering what is in the box! Here is what came in ours, though I read it can vary.
- Pair Avent breast pads w/ breast feeding “guide”
- Seventh Generation Moisture Lotion sample (0.5 fl oz)
- Dove Baby Wash sample (1.8 fl oz)
- Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion sample (1 do oz)
- Cicaplast Baume sample (2ml)
- Bliss triple oxygen instant energizing mask sample (.16 fl oz)
- Pair Munchkin nursing pads
- Huggies (52 count) wipes
- Seventh Generation quilted diaper sample (2 count, no size listed, but it looks like a size two)
- Avent bottle (newborn nipple & 4 oz size)
- Swaddle Designs swaddling blanket
- Pamper “travel sample” (1 newborn diaper & sensitive travel wipes- 6 count)
Overall, a cute box. The swaddling blanket and the diapers make it worth spending the $10. However, I still liked the Target goody bag better! It had a lot of the same things, but it also had a TON of coupons that were actually really helpful.
Just a side note, I tried the Bliss Mask, I don’t know if I felt energized, but it smelt amazing. I’ll have to update this once I’ve used it a few times if I see any cool results.